Event name : MozMaker
Event Date : 12 February, 2015
Venue : Bharati Vidyapeeth Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Technology
Objective of the event :
1. Attendees will be introduced to Firefox, which is more than just a browser.
2. Attendees will get knowledge about FirefoxOS and its architecture.
3. Attendees will be introduced to Firefox new product “Firefox HELLO”.
4. Attendees will get hands-on experience on how to make apps using AppMaker.
5. To Empower and encourage Women to contribute to Mozilla #WoMoz
Today I conducted a MozMaker event at Bharati Vidyapeeth Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Technology for 150+ girls #WoMoz #MozMaker.
The first session was on “Firefox: just than a browser”. I introduced the attendees about Firefox, which is more than just a browser.Then the next session was on FirefoxOS , which is recently launched in India. I explained the attendees about the architecture of FirefoxOS, advantages of FirefoxOS, FirefoxOS phones,etc.
In the next session attendees were introduced to “Firefox HELLO” which is the new product of Firefox for Video chat without any sign up… Attendees were astonished after knowing the features of “Firefox Hello”.
In the third session attendees were introduced to Webmaker. Attendees got hands-on experience on how to make apps using AppMaker. Detailed explanation on how to make applications was given to attendees with demonstration.
At the end of the session there was a quiz competition conducted which was based on Firefox products, FirefoxOS,etc. Winners were given the awesome Firefox Swags !!
It was a great event…. The crowd was enthusiastic. Amazing response.