Me, Dr. Patil, Mr. Dyvik conducted sessions during the event on following topics:
- Web app development
- Web Maker
- X-Ray Goggles
- App Maker
- Firefox OS
I conducted session on “how to develop web apps”. Where I introduced about what are web apps, different ways to develop web apps. After the session attendees made some awesome apps.
In this Hackathon we taught about contributing to localization, Webmaker, App development, testing and many more ways to contribute to Mozilla.
Next session was conducted by Qaidjohar Jawadwala where he gave small introduction about Mozilla, introduction about Remix Hackathon event.
In the end I gave a talk about Mozilla Stumbler in which I demonstrated the working of Mozilla Stumbler, various features of the Mozilla Stumbler App and how to contribute to it.
Event name : MozMaker
Event Date : 12 February
Venue : Bharati Vidyapeeth Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Technology
Objective of the event :
- Introduction to web application development with hands-on
- Introduction to Firefox, which is more than just a browser
- FirefoxOS and its architecture
- Introduction to Firefox “HELLO”
- Hands-on experience on how to make apps using AppMaker.
- Empower and encourage Women to contribute to Mozilla #WoMoz
The first session was on Introduction to web application development with hands-on demo. In this session I gave a talk on what are web apps, different ways to develop web apps, front-end frameworks required, etc.
In the next session “Firefox: just than a browser” I introduced attendees about Firefox, which is more than just a browser. In this session different products and capabilities of Firefox browser was explained. Then the next session was on FirefoxOS , which is recently launched in India. I explained about the architecture of FirefoxOS, advantages of FirefoxOS, FirefoxOS phones,etc.
In the next session attendees were introduced to “Firefox HELLO” which is the new product of Firefox for Video chat without any sign up… Attendees were astonished after knowing the features of “Firefox Hello”.
In the third session attendees were introduced to Webmaker. Attendees got hands-on experience on how to make apps using AppMaker. Detailed explanation on how to make applications was given to attendees with demonstration.
At the end of the session there was a quiz competition conducted which was based on Firefox products, FirefoxOS,etc. Winners were given awesome Firefox Swags !!
It was a great event…The crowd was enthusiastic. Overall an amazing experience.
Event Name: FirefoxOS APP Contribution- Test, Review and Develop apps on Tarako Devices
Date: 24 January
Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Event attendees were Computer Engineering students of VIIT. More that 25 students attended the event.
- Web app development (by me)
- AppMaker Introduction and Demonstration (by me)
- Test, Rate and Review apps on the Firefox Marketplace (by Siddhartha Rao and Kailas Patil Sir)
- Importance of Localization (by Aniket Deshpande)
- Total 61 apps were downloaded and tested by event participants during the event. They also reviewed apps on Firefox Marketplace for the apps they tested.
- Participants developed various Apps using AppMaker.