Me, Dr. Patil, Mr. Dyvik conducted sessions during the event on following topics:
- Web app development
- Web Maker
- X-Ray Goggles
- App Maker
- Firefox OS
I conducted session on “how to develop web apps”. Where I introduced about what are web apps, different ways to develop web apps. After the session attendees made some awesome apps.
In this Hackathon we taught about contributing to localization, Webmaker, App development, testing and many more ways to contribute to Mozilla.
Next session was conducted by Qaidjohar Jawadwala where he gave small introduction about Mozilla, introduction about Remix Hackathon event.
In the end I gave a talk about Mozilla Stumbler in which I demonstrated the working of Mozilla Stumbler, various features of the Mozilla Stumbler App and how to contribute to it.
Event Name: FirefoxOS APP Contribution- Test, Review and Develop apps on Tarako Devices
Date: 24 January
Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Event attendees were Computer Engineering students of VIIT. More that 25 students attended the event.
- Web app development (by me)
- AppMaker Introduction and Demonstration (by me)
- Test, Rate and Review apps on the Firefox Marketplace (by Siddhartha Rao and Kailas Patil Sir)
- Importance of Localization (by Aniket Deshpande)
- Total 61 apps were downloaded and tested by event participants during the event. They also reviewed apps on Firefox Marketplace for the apps they tested.
- Participants developed various Apps using AppMaker.
Firefox OS App Day (App day in a box)
The event attendees were Computer Engineering students of VIIT. More than 70 students attended the event. I conducted session on Web app development and AppMaker. In which attendees got to learn about how to develop web apps using front-end technologies and appmaker simple tools. Attendees were very curious and they tried to make apps after the session. I solved the queries of the attendees regarding the same. Also I introduced them to Webmaker tools.
Siddhartha Rao provided FxOS Intro and FSA information. Kailas Patil Sir provided information about Mozilla Mission, products and opportunities to contribute in Mozilla and Mayuresh explained App manifest file fields.
This event encouraged the crowd to contribute to Mozilla and Open Web. It was an amazing event !! The crowd was fantastic , energetic and were willing to learn new.
Firefox OS App Day : App Day in a Box
Event Name: Firefox OS Apps Day : App Day in a Box (ADIAB)
Time: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Date: 24th August
Venue: VIIT, Pune
I was the Volunteer for this event.
Session Agenda :
- Introduction to FirefoxOS
- AppMaker Introduction and Demonstration
- Building an app without using AppMaker
- Brainstorm the App to Marketplace
Out Come of the Event :
Participants are interested in building apps after the event.
Participants become aware of the tools they need to get started.